http://www.thecutestblogontheblock.com/free/free-backgrounds/item/134/asInline.html

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Talking On Your Cellphone While Driving. Should it be Illegal or not?

For this week I am going to share my opinion on talking on your cell phone while driving. I think that it should be illegal because you could suddenly get into an accident, drive your car into a ditch or worse. I want to make it illegal because I think it's just not that safe. Sometimes your attention could divert to who you are talking to and then you could crash! It's not very practical at all. If it’s really urgent to answer the call, then you could just pull over and answer it. Before I really thought about this issue really well I thought, ‘What? You just pick up your phone and talk, right? What’s the harm?” Then I thought about the bad side of this issue. It really is hazardous. When you are driving, I think that you should have all eyes on the road and shouldn’t be getting distracted at all. I also think that states should make it illegal to talk on cell phones while driving. I know that a few states have already done that, but, we need them all to.

If you don’t agree with me, then listen to this. About 500,000 people die each year because of car crashes caused by talking on their cell phones. That’s scary! So just remember, the next time you are talking on your cell phone while driving, think about what could happen. It could save your life. Thanks everyone! Have a nice day!

1 comment:

  1. With the current burden on police and law enforcement, how do you think they will respond to this? I agree that it is dangerous, but a law is only effective if there is enforcement. What do you think?

    ReplyDelete